Thursday, August 30, 2012

Water-Good and Bad!!!


Oh how I love water!! I love being near an ocean and hearing the waves. I truly enjoy being able to take a cold or hot shower depending on my needs at the moment. I love being able to quickly wash away dirt. I love being able to take a nice drink of cold water when I'm thirsty. I love the fact that rain helps nature grow and can cool off our hot cement NYC streets at times.   Swimming in a pool, lake or ocean is one of my favorite activities.

 
However, currently there are people in our country mainly Louisiana and Mississippi who are awaiting some water that could truly cause damage and destruction.  Hurricane Issac is working its way from the south to the Midwest.  I think of the poor people in Haiti who have suffered loss already.

 
It’s amazing to think that water can do so much good but also do so much destruction and ruin. 

 
It makes me realize that so much of life has good and bad in it and how we respond and live from both the good and bad is what matters.

 
I pray for all those awaiting Hurricane Issac that the damage will not be too bad and that all will be safe.  My Ursuline community has sisters in New Orleans-in fact New Orleans was the first place we settled and started a school in the United States so it holds a special place in the hearts of many Ursulines.

 
Prayers and blessings to all!! 

 
Sr. Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment