Topics covered today included:
- the struggle with homework each night and the desire for the child to do it perfectly,
- the pride a mom had for her child for finally reading a book on his own,
- the appropriate consequences for misbehavior,
- the way the child mimics and reenacts the school day for parent,
- the deep conversations about the hurts and pain the child has experienced
- the inappropriate behavior of talking back to adults,
- the desire for a mom to see her daughter make a friend on her own
- the mother and daughter evenings
- the weekly dinner date a mom has with her son
- the way a dad refers to his daughter as a princess,
- and the excitement the child has about school trips and rewards.
I left work today admiring the parents and the love and dedication they show their children each day. People say teaching is hard work. But I think parenting is even harder. To all you parents out there-Thank you for the Good Work you do each day!!!