Monday, February 20, 2012

A Spoonful of Sugar

On Friday night, I attended the musical Mary Poppins on Broadway in NYC. For the past 6 weeks, my school Cooke Center for Learning and Development had a student teacher, Steve from Gwynedd-Mercy College in Pennsylvania and Steve treated me to the show as a Thank you for supervising his student teaching experience. Now he is off to Arizona.

The music, dancing and the costumes at Mary Poppins was fantastic. It was so exciting and energizing to be there. It made you feel so alive and the story line is just great.

The song lyrics keep going through my head since Friday night. I keep thinking of the meaning behind a spoonful of sugar-don't just think of the bad, also always look for the good in things. It reminds me of Angela's words-Remember to treat others with kindness and gentleness rather than abrupt words.

So I must remember A spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down. I need to approach difficult situations with that in mind and teach my children to do the same.

Sr. Jeannie

No comments:

Post a Comment