These are the people I've been asked to pray for recently:
- A young woman of 41 with 3 children, 8, 6 and 4-woman is suffering from breast cancer
- A father raising two adopted boys-father is sick with liver cancer.
- A friend's mother beginning to show signs of Parkinson's disease
- A friend's father in the advance stages of Parkinson's disease.
- Teenage girls dealing with the year anniversary of the suicide of one of their classmates
- A man going to be executed in a few weeks
- A friend out of a job for almost two years now
- Two friends in their 30s who just had their first son and they are in serious need of a babysitter
- Friends struggling with graduate school work
- Older people who are suffering from depression
I see that hope in the following ways;
- People signing up to cook and prepare meals for the families suffering with cancer.
- People bringing in animals and guests to cheer up others in their depression
- Friends volunteering to babysit on certain days.
- Friend volunteering to sit with the mother and father suffering from Parkinson's.
- Counselors being with the teenage girls.
- People sending my friend job ads and giving her name as a reference
- Graduate students encouraging each other to keep plugging away.
Sr. Jeannie Humphries, osu